Solving the asset management for a construction company with multiple construction towers on their site.
❓ Unmet needs
As with most construction projects, the people on site dealt with a number of physical assets, which were used across the projects. These assets are given out at the stores, and once on site, there came problems in tracking if an asset has been checked out or was in maintenance or even scrapped.
One of the objectives of the Margar system was to allow the Stores manager to tag assets and then to track it’s entire lifecycle. The asset is to be tracked across its entire life cycle:
- Debit Note
These assets were tagged and tracked across the site using unique QR codes associated to each asset. Generating unique QR codes based on serial no. required data entry from the user end.
👤 User personas
- Store Managers managed assets on site at the warehouse.
- Labor used the assets for day-to-day on site activities as per requirements.
- Sub-Contractors oversaw Labor in their use of assets across the construction site.
- Vendors supplied assets as per requests raised by the Store Managers. They also provided maintenance as required.
An asset management system was setup on site for the store managers to track the asset movement across the site. The system could be used for the asset lifecycle across the following modules:
- Asset Request: Asset Requests could be raised as per on site requirements and assigned to Vendors. Vendors could then monitor the list of requests and share a quote from the vendor portal.
- Purchase Order: If an Asset Request is approved, a PO could be raised to the vendor.
- Asset Receipt Note: When an asset has been sent by vendor to the site, a ARN can be raised to bring the asset into the inventory. On saving, user is allowed to enter the serial numbers in bulk.
- Asset Inventory: When an asset has been purchased and is added to the inventory, a QR Code based on the serial number and asset type is generated.
This QR code is then pasted on the asset and is later used to track:
- Asset Check In/Checkout
- Debit Note
- Assets across the site is now managed in one system. More than 500 assets used on site were onboard with unique QR Codes.
- Entire asset lifecycle is tracked in the system.
- Expenses in relation to an asset can now be monitored and asset deprecation value could also be estimated.